Job description

WKS Restaurant Group is a family owned business, founded in 1987. We operate 5 iconic brands across 19 states. We win by making our guests happy and our people more successful than they ever thought possible. We help good people learn to lead, serve, and make a difference.

The Lead Maintenance Technician supports the organization by leading a team of maintenance technicians who perform building and equipment maintenance tasks in various trades to ensure facility and equipment reliability in order to support restaurant operations at multiple sites across a geographic region. This is a supervisory role requiring skills to lead a team and is also hands-on maintenance by performing repairs at assigned locations. The incumbent must be able to perform maintenance activities within multiple trades including: carpentry; electrical; HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, and various basic repair/handyman activities. HVAC/Refrigeration certification is required for this position. Approximately 90% of the time will be spent performing maintenance activities with the remaining 10% supervising your team and vendors, and managing internal customer relationships.


  • Lead a team of maintenance technicians to ensure safe, efficient, and effective performance of maintenance activities in support of restaurant operations.
  • Providing vendor oversight to ensure effective work performance.
  • Perform maintenance repairs for assigned restaurants (approximately 20 locations).
  • Prioritize and complete needed equipment repairs as they occur in a timely fashion.
  • Perform preventative maintenance and replacement functions on a wide range of restaurant equipment: ovens, fryers, grills, walk-in-freezers/coolers, refrigeration, and building systems including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.
  • Respond to emergency service calls for repair, including availability after-hours.
  • Provide technical/functional support to restaurant staff as needed.
  • Work to implement preventive maintenance procedures as defined by company representatives.
  • Develop a work schedule to provide the highest level of service for assigned locations.
  • Operate and maintain a complete set of hand, power, and shop tools and computerized diagnostic and test equipment used in the restaurant equipment repair trade.
  • Inspect, correctly diagnose, and repair malfunctions in restaurant and facility equipment.
  • Estimate time and cost of repairs and cost of equipment.
  • Able to drive a company-provided vehicle between facilities.


  • HVAC Certification Required for working on building HVAC and refrigeration systems
  • 4+ years experience in applicable trades. (Restaurant experience is a plus).
  • A good attitude, willingness to work independently and with others, good communication skills, organization skills and follow through.
  • Strong knowledge of facility operations, maintenance best practices, and safety procedures.
  • Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
  • Experience with Corrigo or other CMMS work order tracking systems is a plus.
  • Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with customers, employees, vendors, and contractors.
  • Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with minimal supervision.
  • Ability to travel to various stores within your region.

Physical Requirements & Work Environment:

The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.

Physical Activity

  • Carrying ·Writing· Bending · Stooping · Grasping · Standing · Climbing
  • Twisting ·Sitting· Filing documents· Walking · Driving
  • Sweeping ·Lifting· Pushing/pulling · Using telephone and fax machines
  • Communicating with customers and co-workers

Physical Requirements

  • Lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally
  • Physical activity is sporadic

Working Conditions:

  • The worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.

Job Type: Full-time


  • 401(k)
  • 401(k) matching
  • Dental insurance
  • Health insurance
  • Life insurance
  • Paid time off
  • Vision insurance


  • Monday to Friday
  • Weekends as needed

Application Question(s):

  • HVAC certification
  • EPA 608 Universal Certification

Work Location: In person