Krispy Kreme has been making great doughnuts, millions of them, for more than 80 years. But it’s not just our Original Glazed® doughnuts that have made us one of America’s most beloved brands. It’s also our people. We’re more than a team, we’re family. We’re there for each other when we’re in our uniforms or not. You can be a part of this amazing experience by joining the hottest team in the industry.
Overview of Position:
CPG Wholesale Operations Supervisor – is responsible for the direct supervision of the DSD Route Service Representative (RSR) team assigned to their location. This will include, but is not limited to, training, staffing and day-to-day management of the RSR staff. Leadership and coaching abilities, problem solving, and a commitment to teamwork are necessary for success in the role. Additionally, a clean, professional appearance, enthusiasm and customer-focused behaviors are required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Daily dispatch of deliveries and fleet for assigned location within a direct store delivery network.
· Assigning and supervising driver personnel with a focus on safety/regulatory compliance and controlling and maintaining delivery efficiency goals while meeting or exceeding customer service level expectations.
· Facilitate proof of delivery procedures established by customers and/or company and ensure compliance
· Daily reconciliation of routes
· Address any customer complaints/concerns or inquiries promptly and appropriately
· Communicate and execute planned POS related to promotional activities in accounts
· Communicate all product needs by effectively utilizing order management system; specifically, fluctuations due to weather, demands, promotional activity etc. daily or as required by business demands.
· Audit accounts for product mix, inventory, quality of product, and store staff feedback on driver performance
· Conduct formal and informal RSR performance evaluations with a focus on Safety, Customer Service and Efficiency, outlining:
· Develop action plans to achieve goals or address opportunities
· Maintain schedule of “ride-withs” to evaluate driver performance
· Monitor route progress daily
· Verify route returns to settlement sheet
· Ensure all positions are adequately staffed for daily operations and/or perform duties of any open department position as business requires.
· Train RSRs in the use of handheld computers
· Train/coach RSRs to properly complete customer orders
· Train/coach RSRs to properly conduct inventory reconciliation for SBT customers
· Train RSRs to professionally and appropriately interact with customers
· Train RSRs to focus on positioning, cleanliness and overall appearance of in-store displays as well as appropriate product placement on displays per established planograms
· Train drivers regarding product quality and out of date product removal
Safety and Sanitation
· Oversee the compliance of all safety and sanitation standards
· Train drivers in safe driving practices and appropriate vehicle maintenance
· Utilize the Vehicle Inspection and Damage Report Form to perform routine maintenance checks as required
· Report any vehicle maintenance concerns to the District Manager, CPG Operations
· Promptly and completely investigate and document vehicle accidents and/or employee injuries
· Take vehicles in for Preventive Maint, tire changes, vehicle swap out
· Uphold an ethic of teamwork with fellow employees
· Maintain a sincere, courteous demeanor with both employees and customers
· Work with management to improve performance and implement new initiatives
· Use good judgment and avoid risk taking while operating a company vehicle
· Other duties as assigned
Essential skills and Experience:
· Organizational skills
· Problem solving skills
· Basic computer skills (MS Office Suite)
· Ability to supervise and coach drivers
· Ability to operate delivery vehicle safely
· Basic math skills
· Ability to read and write
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Must meet Krispy Kreme driving standards (three year clean driving)
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and Motor Vehicles Report
· Ability to travel up to 10% for training or coverage
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.